Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 8 of our trip

We started our day by packing the car early and just heading out to the beach. We went and got lunch at subway and had a little picnic on the beach. The kids really enjoyed Ocean City Beach and Garron said that they had the best waves. They weren't too excited when we decided that we needed to get back on the road.



Having fun on the beach!!
This was the expensive hotel that we stayed at. You would think that it would be reasonably priced since it was a Holiday Inn. Well guess again!!

Garron looking for the perfect wave to body surf on.

I saw this restaurant as we were driving out of town. I had to take a picture of it. Interesting Name!!





We decided to take the ferry from Maryland to Delaware thinking it wouldn't cost too much. When all was said and done our final cost to cross on the ferry was $65.00. A little more than what we had expected. But now that we had gotten this far, it would have cost us more to back track and go around. So we ended up just paying and crossing on the ferry.



While we were crossing, Lacey came up to me and asked me how long are we going to be on "Charlie"? I didn't quite understand what she was talking about. She said, "Mom, Duh- Charlie the boat, How long are we going to be on it?" Kids can say the funniest things sometimes.

Lacey on the "Charlie"
Trenton with another one of his great faces!!!


After we crossed the 'Charlie' we drove up to the beautiful town of Cape May, New Jersey and got a quaint little hotel just off the coast.

Yep! That the kids posing in the Cape May boat.
We got out to the beach around 5pm and the kids just had a blast. We couldn't get them to leave. I couldn't believe that they were getting in the water. I went and just put my feet in and couldn't believe how cold it was. I thought it was colder than San Diego.

Kaylie and Garron got pretty beat up from the waves. They were getting knocked around and they would just keep doing it over and over again. This was Garron's new favorite "Wave" beach.
Don't worry! These are well trained life guards!!
The beautiful houses that lined the coast line. It was just a picture perfect town. This is on my list for a repeat vacation spot.
That evening a nasty storm came in. We went and ate at a small dinner. We had hamburgers and hot dogs. Afterwards, we went next door to a small theatre and watched Hancock while it stormed outside. We then took the kids back to the hotel and got them ready for bed. Max and I decided to take a evening walk and went down to the boardwalk and visited all the small coastal shops and had ice cream. Cape May was such a beautiful place. I wish I was rich and had summer home there.


2 comments:

k-n-jarnett said...

Is it me or is the yellow house kind of tilting a little bit? That is a very pretty place. When you go back I'll come with (if I'm invited)
Kandace

Mom said...

Loved the name of the resturant....you didn't say what kind of food it was????

Nans